FREE COLLEGE WORKSHOPS
FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
Get the college help workshops you need to successfully navigate admission, financial aid, and more!
Free College Workshops For Students and Parents
Are you concerned about the cost of a college education for your child? You’re not alone — most of the parents that we speak with share the same fears about their child’s higher education and career goals. Many parents struggle to see a way to pay for their child’s college education without sacrificing their own financial security, something that leaves them torn and troubled. However, there are lots of options that you likely haven’t explored yet.
The world of college admissions and acceptance is vast, daunting, and for parents who haven’t already put a child through school, uncharted. Thankfully, College Planning Experts is here to help you navigate the scholarships, admissions essays, and portfolio building that will allow your child to attend and graduate from the school and program of their dreams. To learn more about all the ways you can pay for college, get support services for college planning, and take advantage of everything else out there, just sign up to attend one of our free college workshops below.
Why Choose College Planning Experts?
No other college planning company in the greater Los Angeles area can provide in-depth, personalized services for your child that College Planning Experts can. From helping with evaluating and exploring what schools, fields of study, and careers are great options for helping with your FAFSA forms and appealing financial aid offers that really should have been higher, when you choose to work with our expert college planning team, you get an experienced and committed advocate to help you achieve your goals.
- We’re local, community-oriented people who take pride in helping families achieve their college aspirations.
- We’re educators, counselors, and career path specialists who chose our own paths because of our passion for helping others.
- We’re actually experts at this (hence the name) and have helped thousands of families realize college admissions success.
- We’re continuing to build our amazing reputation through a commitment to excellence and hard work.
- We’re parents too, and we understand how much this means to you and your child.
College Help Workshop Topics We Cover
Our free college workshops are designed to maximize your time investment by covering topics that are important to you and crucial to the college admissions and scholarships process. These helpful, informative free college workshops are held monthly in Encino, Valencia, or Westlake Village, so chances are good that there is a college planning workshop happening near you soon. Topics that we cover include:
- Avoiding common mistakes that families make during the admissions process.
- Receiving financial aid and grants regardless of income or assets.
- How to avoid the most common and serious mistakes on your FAFSA.
- Identifying the best colleges and careers for your student based on interests, skills, and experience.
- What to consider when selecting a major or career.
- How to send your child to a private university for less than a public state school.
- How to understand the FAFSA and other financial aid forms.
- How to cover the cost of college without relying on a 529 plan, high-interest loans, or dipping into your retirement.
- How to leverage college planning and personalized guidance to meet your higher education expenses.
- How to lower out of pocket expenses and maximize scholarship offers.
- What steps you should be taking right now, regardless of your age, to effectively and successfully plan for college.
- And more!
Space at our free college workshops is limited and typically fills up quickly. Sign up today at a location near you.
Can’t Make a Scheduled Workshop?
Not able to make any of the scheduled free college planning workshops we’re running? No problem. Give our nearest office a call and we can schedule an individual session for you. Your success is our goal, and we don’t want something like scheduling to stand in the way of achieving your dreams.
Start Planning For Success Today
With At One Of Our Free College Workshops
The free college help workshops available through College Planning Experts are an invaluable resource for any family who has a college-bound freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior! It’s never too soon to begin planning for your future academic and career success, and the college planning professionals at College Planning Experts are here to help!
“Brian demystified the college funding process. There's so many things I didn't even know existed with regards to financial aid.”Jesse M.
“Brian's workshop opened up the opportunity to look at colleges we thought were out of our price range. Thank You!”Bonnie E.
“This is an absolute class that all parents should attend whether they think their kids are college-bound or not.”Pamela B.
“Thanks for showing me that we qualify for aid in spite of my income.”Ron N.
“It’s refreshing to know that there is hope.”Nina A.
“As a guidance counselor, you really educated me and I thank you.”Rhonda A